This dessert tastes like a cross between a scone and the funnel cake that they sell at carnivals. It’s a great recipe for kids to experiment in the kitchen, let them help pick the add-ons! For the grownups in your house it makes a perfect treat alongside coffee or tea.
Dish Type: Dairy- Dessert
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (plus 2 hours+ to set)
- 3/4 cups Light butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1oz chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour, you may leave overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out dough into a large round pizza-like shape on parchment paper, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick .
- In the center add chocolate chips or your favorite additions and fold over like a crepe (parchment paper will stick to dough).
- Bake 20 minutes on middle shelf in oven then flip over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and smash with an ice cream scooper or large spoon until cake crumbles.
- Top with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Info (per serving): 248 cals, 6g fat, 2.5g sat fat, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g protein, 94 mg sodium