If a meatball, a shish kebab and a falafal had a baby it would be this dish (a meat-kebab-alafel). The cumin, paprika and parsley will transport your taste buds to the middle east with the americanized convenience of a meatball.
So easy to make and delish too!
Dish Type: Meat- Meal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mush together with your hands.
- Once ingredients are mixed well wet hands (so meat doesn’t stick) and form into meatballs about 1” in diameter and place on a broiler pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Serves: 6 (makes approx 24 meat-kebab-alafels)
Nutrition Info (per serving): 267 cals, 9g fat, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 35g protein, 422 mg sodium
Serve with pita, hummus, pickles, tahini, shug and isreali salad…or any of your favorite additions!