This salad is filling yet light. The refreshing apple and cucumber play nicely against the strong flavors of the balsamic vinegar, tuna and parmesan.
It’s the perfect lunch that won’t weight you down.
Dish Type: Dairy- Meal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Can Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Oil
- 1 Tbsp Newman’s Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 medium fuji apple, cubed
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 2 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 slice Wheat Melba Toast
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp lemon
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Instructions for Salad:
- Place lettuce on plate.
- In a separate bowl combine tuna with sesame dressing and 1 tsp lemon juice then scoop onto lettuce.
- Top with apple, cucumber, scallions, melba toast and parmesan.
Instructions for Dressing:
- Pour lemon and balsamic vinegar over salad before serving.
Nutrition info: 255 cals, 7.5g fat, 1g sat fat, 20g carbs, 5g fiber, 30g protein, 475mg sodium